Agile .Net Developer - Development Center - Chicago Loop
- Location: Chicago, IL
For more than 13 years, Centare has dedicated itself to staying ahead of the “ever evolving” world of technology. We strive to be a strategic asset for our clients as they tackle challenges in the market, their business and technology. We do this by investing in our staff along with developing and applying appropriate strategies to technology problems that help our clients maintain or build competitive advantage.
Headquartered in Milwaukee with offices in Chicago and Madison, Centare works nationally while keeping an emphasis on Midwest clients.
We’re currently hiring developers to join our Development Center team located in Chicago, IL. If you like a lot of day-to-day variety and want to work on a high performing team using the latest technologies, this is the opportunity for you! Projects on this team have included building several high profile websites, mobile applications, web and desktop applications.
Check out some of our work at http://www.centare.com/resources/case-studies/
What You’ll Do:
• Develop high quality software using cutting edge technologies and practices.
• Understand and work within the Scrum framework.
• Collaborate with team members to work towards a Definition of Done on Agile projects.
• Attend daily stand ups and other timeboxed meetings.
• Work side-by-side with quality assurance personnel to efficiently produce high-quality software.
• Interact with clients to help the team understand requirements.
• Participate in estimation sessions for engagements in Centare’s sales pipeline.
• Contribute to knowledge sharing opportunities within Centare and the community.
• Attend periodic staff meetings and Centare-organized events.
What We Look For:
• Team player (low ego, ability to effectively swarm issues, etc.)
• Ability to communicate with team members
• Experience working on fast-paced agile delivery teams
• Strong understanding of the web
• Strong experience in at least some of the following:
- C# with .NET 4.0+
- ASP.NET MVC or WebForms
- Visual Studio 2012
- SQL Server or MySQL
- ORM technology (Entity Framework, NHibernate, Code First,etc.)
Bonus Points for Experience With:
• Continuous Deployment
• Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• SQL Server Reporting Services
• Node.js, NoSQL, and other emerging technologies
We don’t have employees. We have Centarians – members of a family – and that family is growing! We’re looking for high-quality individuals who want to be part of our culture.
Centarians enjoy professional development opportunities, respect for team members and their personal priorities, regular social gatherings and more. It is why Centare has earned “Best Places to Work” honors from the Business Journal Serving Greater Milwaukee, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the MMAC and Milwaukee Magazine, year after year. Find out more at www.centare.com.
Centare is an equal opportunity employer.
What does it mean to be a Centarian?
It’s what we do and who we are. We’re passionate and multidimensional. We live and breathe technology. We don’t just help our clients build software; we help them build it better. We’re part of the team. We’re real people with real lives outside work—fathers, mothers, siblings. We believe everyone has knowledge to share. And we believe everyone has a few things to learn.
We’re not striving to be the biggest technology company in the world, but impressive growth is part of our culture, and it provides the variety, challenges and opportunities that Centarians crave.
Centarians transform the way organizations approach technology.
We know you have options. And we’re glad you’re considering us. We’ve built an awesome team of intelligent and talented individuals, and there’s good reason for that: our culture. Take the next step to connect with us and learn about Centare firsthand.