.Net Application Engineer: Development Center - Brookfield, WI
- Location: Brookfield, WI
For more than 13 years, Centare has dedicated itself to staying ahead of the “ever evolving” world of technology. We strive to be a strategic asset for our clients as they tackle challenges in the market, their business and technology. We do this by investing in our staff along with developing and applying appropriate strategies to technology problems that help our clients maintain or build competitive advantage.
We are currently looking to add a .Net Application Engineer to our agile software delivery practice. This team member will handle support and maintenance related development of the software that Centare teams have delivered to clients. Responsibilities include quick triage of client requests, bug-fix and small feature development on a variety of projects, and occasional interaction with clients.
Why this Role Could be Great for You:
- Learn and work with a variety of technologies on a wide variety of projects while still working within the Development Center
- This great team are some of the best in the business and are ready to teach you what they know.
- A lot of opportunity for growth. We are looking for someone who wants to expand their skill set and take on challenges. You will have the chance in this role!
What You'll Do:
- Perform bug-fix and small feature development on web applications
- Diagnose and triage issue reports from clients and users
- Provide detailed, root-cause analysis of issues in software
- Communicate clear updates to clients and other team members at Centare
- Work with internal teams to support various operations
- Suggest and implement strategies for improving support-related processes
- Manage environment information for (potentially) dozens of production applications
What We Look For:
- Experience in Web Development
- ASP.NET (MVC or Web Forms)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a client-facing role
- Strong customer service orientation
Bonus Points for Experience With:
- Microsoft SQL Server & MySQL Server
- CMS development including Kentico, Drupal, or Wordpress a plus
- Web server (IIS, Apache, nginx, etc.) configuration/management
- TFS, GitHub or other source control platforms
- Extra Bonus: Pretty good (but not too good) at Left 4 Dead 2
We don’t have employees. We have Centarians – members of a family – and that family is growing! We’re looking for high-quality individuals who want to be part of our culture.
Centarians enjoy professional development opportunities, respect for team members and their personal priorities, regular social gatherings and more. It is why Centare has earned “Best Places to Work” honors from the Business Journal Serving Greater Milwaukee, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the MMAC and Milwaukee Magazine, year after year. Find out more at www.centare.com.
Centare is an equal opportunity employer.
What does it mean to be a Centarian?
It’s what we do and who we are. We’re passionate and multidimensional. We live and breathe technology. We don’t just help our clients build software; we help them build it better. We’re part of the team. We’re real people with real lives outside work—fathers, mothers, siblings. We believe everyone has knowledge to share. And we believe everyone has a few things to learn.
We’re not striving to be the biggest technology company in the world, but impressive growth is part of our culture, and it provides the variety, challenges and opportunities that Centarians crave.
Centarians transform the way organizations approach technology.
We know you have options. And we’re glad you’re considering us. We’ve built an awesome team of intelligent and talented individuals, and there’s good reason for that: our culture. Take the next step to connect with us and learn about Centare firsthand.