Agile Quality Engineer - Development Center - Madison, WI
- Location: Madison, WI
For more than 13 years, Centare has dedicated itself to staying ahead of the “ever evolving” world of technology. We strive to be a strategic asset for our clients as they tackle challenges in the market, their business and technology. We do this by investing in our staff along with developing and applying appropriate strategies to technology problems that help our clients maintain or build competitive advantage.
Headquartered in Milwaukee with offices in Chicago and Madison, Centare works nationally while keeping an emphasis on Midwest clients.
We are currently looking to add a QA to our Development Center, which is our in-house development team. The Development Center builds and maintains custom applications for our clients, so the technologies and environments are varied, although typically Microsoft focused. Our team follows Agile (Scrum), so this person must be open to working in a fast-paced environment.
Most testing is manual, but we would like to move towards more automated testing when appropriate using Microsoft Test Manager.
This is a position that offers a lot of day-to-day variety and is a great way to work on a high performing team using the latest technologies. Projects on this team have included building several high profile websites, mobile applications, web and desktop applications.
What You'll Do:
- Perform manual and automated tests on multiple projects in a Scrum environment.
- Conduct regression, functional and load/stress testing on applications.
- Track bugs using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Automate testing using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM).
- Play an active support role throughout the full lifecycle of application development.
- Execute tests according to requirements while maintaining strong documentation.
- Interact with team members to deliver requirements according to budget and schedule.
- Transfer knowledge to members of client’s team and act as an expert, value-added resource.
- Attend quarterly staff meetings and professional development planning sessions as required.
- Contribute to local technical user groups and blogs as desired.
- Complete knowledge sharing, training and mentoring of fellow Centare team members.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance / Testing
- Familiarity with Scrum / Agile methodology desired
- Good understanding of programming concepts
- Experience with load testing, functional testing, and regression testing
- Knowledge of bug tracking systems, TFS preferred
- Experience performing automated testing, MTM preferred
- Experience as a Test Lead or Developer is a plus
- Team oriented with ability to prioritize work
We don’t have employees. We have Centarians – members of a family – and that family is growing! We’re looking for high-quality individuals who want to be part of our culture.
Centarians enjoy professional development opportunities, respect for team members and their personal priorities, regular social gatherings and more. It is why Centare has earned “Best Places to Work” honors from the Business Journal Serving Greater Milwaukee, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the MMAC and Milwaukee Magazine, year after year. Find out more at www.centare.com.
Centare is an equal opportunity employer.
What does it mean to be a Centarian?
It’s what we do and who we are. We’re passionate and multidimensional. We live and breathe technology. We don’t just help our clients build software; we help them build it better. We’re part of the team. We’re real people with real lives outside work—fathers, mothers, siblings. We believe everyone has knowledge to share. And we believe everyone has a few things to learn.
We’re not striving to be the biggest technology company in the world, but impressive growth is part of our culture, and it provides the variety, challenges and opportunities that Centarians crave.
Centarians transform the way organizations approach technology.
We know you have options. And we’re glad you’re considering us. We’ve built an awesome team of intelligent and talented individuals, and there’s good reason for that: our culture. Take the next step to connect with us and learn about Centare firsthand.